The creation of the new company Swinton Park Golf and Country Club 2017 Ltd means that the original terms of reference for The Course Liaison Group formed in April 2014 need to be amended.
The new Course Group will consist of the following members: -
- The Course and Facilities Director. (Jason Haye and Kevan Morris)
- The Course Manager. (Paul Massey)
- The Club Golf Professional. (Dave Smith)
- Two full playing members appointed by the Board of Directors. (Steve Bailey and Mike Stanfield)
The Course Groups terms of reference are: -
- To provide a forum for discussion of members’ ideas and suggestions on golf course presentation. They will ensure that full and objective consideration is given to all matters raised by members of the club. They will objectively convey member’s views as a whole rather than any subjective personal view.
- To communicate to members the reasoning behind actions or work on the golf course.
- To contribute to the production of policy documents recommended by the R&A and English Golf Union.
- To liaise with the Competitions and Handicaps and Ladies’ Committees to ensure that their views are communicated effectively.
- To market the financial potential of the “Golf Course” side of the business by increasing membership and visitors. Including Opens, Societies, General Visitors and the use of “Teeofftimes”. The interests of members’ access to the course will be considered during this process.
- The Course and Facilities Directors are responsible to the Board of Directors for all Financial and Personnel matters.
- The Course Manager is directly responsible to the Course and Facilities Directors.
- The Course Manager is professionally qualified to manage the playing condition of the golf course. Professional decisions on how and when work on the course is to be carried out will not be overridden.
- The management of the golf course will be in accordance with The Course Management Policy Document.
Latest Update From The Course
On Monday 14th August we will commence the process of overseeding all our greens with bent grass.
The greens will be overseeded, spiked using a Saral Roller and top dressed with sand.
Please see the attached you tube links which shows the machine we will use.
Obviously there will be disruption to play during this process and temporary holes will be used whilst each green is worked on.
The overseeding is done at this time of year as rapid recovery is possible. It is expected that the greens will be back to their best within two weeks.
11th August 2017